EIN Number Application Online New Jersey
An Employer Identification Number (EIN) in New Jersey is a nine-digit number that the IRS assigns in the following format: XX-XXXXXXX. It is used to identify the tax accounts of employers and certain others who have no employees. However, for employee plans, an alpha (for example, P) or the plan number (e.g., 003) may follow the EIN. The IRS uses the number to identify taxpayers that are required to file various business tax returns.
&state EIN numbers are used by employers in NJ, sole proprietors, New Jersey corporations, partnerships, New Jersey non-profits, trusts in NJ, estates of decedents, government agencies, certain individuals, and other business entities. Use your EIN on all of the items that you send to the IRS and the Social Security Administration (SSA).
Federal EIN Numbers apply to many different groups, including:
• Individuals/Sole Proprietors
• Limited Liability Companies (LLC)
• New Jersey Corporations
• S-Corporations in New Jersey
• New Jersey Partnerships
• New Jersey Trusts
• New Jersey Estates
• Non-Profits in New Jersey
• Other employers and business entity types in New Jersey
Generally, if any of the following are true you still need to acquire an EIN Number:
• You need to pay business taxes.
• You have one or more employees.
• You want to open a business bank account.
• You want to start a line of business credit.
• You form an LLC, Corporation, or Partnership.
• You change from one business entity type to another such as from an Individual/Sole Proprietor to an LLC.
• You are starting a Keogh Plan, also known as a Self-Employed Pension.
• You want to bid for a federal government contract.
Apply Now Online:
Apply for EIN Number in New Jersey >
NJ EIN Number Application >
Choose Your State:
|EIN Number Application for:
- EIN for Sole Proprietor (New Jersey)
- EIN for Partnership (New Jersey)
- EIN for LLC (New Jersey)
- EIN for Corporation (New Jersey)
- EIN for S-Corporation (New Jersey)
- EIN for Non-profit Organization (New Jersey)
- EIN for 501(c)(3) (New Jersey)
- EIN for Trusts (New Jersey)
- EIN for Estate of a Deceased Individual (New Jersey)