EIN Number Application Online North Carolina
An Employer Identification Number (EIN) in North Carolina is a nine-digit number that the IRS assigns in the following format: XX-XXXXXXX. It is used to identify the tax accounts of employers and certain others who have no employees. However, for employee plans, an alpha (for example, P) or the plan number (e.g., 003) may follow the EIN. The IRS uses the number to identify taxpayers that are required to file various business tax returns.
&state EIN numbers are used by employers in NC, sole proprietors, North Carolina corporations, partnerships, North Carolina non-profits, trusts in NC, estates of decedents, government agencies, certain individuals, and other business entities. Use your EIN on all of the items that you send to the IRS and the Social Security Administration (SSA).
Federal EIN Numbers apply to many different groups, including:
• Individuals/Sole Proprietors
• Limited Liability Companies (LLC)
• North Carolina Corporations
• S-Corporations in North Carolina
• North Carolina Partnerships
• North Carolina Trusts
• North Carolina Estates
• Non-Profits in North Carolina
• Other employers and business entity types in North Carolina
Generally, if any of the following are true you still need to acquire an EIN Number:
• You need to pay business taxes.
• You have one or more employees.
• You want to open a business bank account.
• You want to start a line of business credit.
• You form an LLC, Corporation, or Partnership.
• You change from one business entity type to another such as from an Individual/Sole Proprietor to an LLC.
• You are starting a Keogh Plan, also known as a Self-Employed Pension.
• You want to bid for a federal government contract.
Apply Now Online:
Apply for EIN Number in North Carolina >
NC EIN Number Application >
Choose Your State:
|EIN Number Application for:
- EIN for Sole Proprietor (North Carolina)
- EIN for Partnership (North Carolina)
- EIN for LLC (North Carolina)
- EIN for Corporation (North Carolina)
- EIN for S-Corporation (North Carolina)
- EIN for Non-profit Organization (North Carolina)
- EIN for 501(c)(3) (North Carolina)
- EIN for Trusts (North Carolina)
- EIN for Estate of a Deceased Individual (North Carolina)