EIN Number Application Online South Carolina
An Employer Identification Number (EIN) in South Carolina is a nine-digit number that the IRS assigns in the following format: XX-XXXXXXX. It is used to identify the tax accounts of employers and certain others who have no employees. However, for employee plans, an alpha (for example, P) or the plan number (e.g., 003) may follow the EIN. The IRS uses the number to identify taxpayers that are required to file various business tax returns.
&state EIN numbers are used by employers in SC, sole proprietors, South Carolina corporations, partnerships, South Carolina non-profits, trusts in SC, estates of decedents, government agencies, certain individuals, and other business entities. Use your EIN on all of the items that you send to the IRS and the Social Security Administration (SSA).
Federal EIN Numbers apply to many different groups, including:
• Individuals/Sole Proprietors
• Limited Liability Companies (LLC)
• South Carolina Corporations
• S-Corporations in South Carolina
• South Carolina Partnerships
• South Carolina Trusts
• South Carolina Estates
• Non-Profits in South Carolina
• Other employers and business entity types in South Carolina
Generally, if any of the following are true you still need to acquire an EIN Number:
• You need to pay business taxes.
• You have one or more employees.
• You want to open a business bank account.
• You want to start a line of business credit.
• You form an LLC, Corporation, or Partnership.
• You change from one business entity type to another such as from an Individual/Sole Proprietor to an LLC.
• You are starting a Keogh Plan, also known as a Self-Employed Pension.
• You want to bid for a federal government contract.
Apply Now Online:
Apply for EIN Number in South Carolina >
SC EIN Number Application >
Choose Your State:
|EIN Number Application for:
- EIN for Sole Proprietor (South Carolina)
- EIN for Partnership (South Carolina)
- EIN for LLC (South Carolina)
- EIN for Corporation (South Carolina)
- EIN for S-Corporation (South Carolina)
- EIN for Non-profit Organization (South Carolina)
- EIN for 501(c)(3) (South Carolina)
- EIN for Trusts (South Carolina)
- EIN for Estate of a Deceased Individual (South Carolina)