EIN Number Application Online Wisconsin
An Employer Identification Number (EIN) in Wisconsin is a nine-digit number that the IRS assigns in the following format: XX-XXXXXXX. It is used to identify the tax accounts of employers and certain others who have no employees. However, for employee plans, an alpha (for example, P) or the plan number (e.g., 003) may follow the EIN. The IRS uses the number to identify taxpayers that are required to file various business tax returns.
&state EIN numbers are used by employers in WI, sole proprietors, Wisconsin corporations, partnerships, Wisconsin non-profits, trusts in WI, estates of decedents, government agencies, certain individuals, and other business entities. Use your EIN on all of the items that you send to the IRS and the Social Security Administration (SSA).
Federal EIN Numbers apply to many different groups, including:
• Individuals/Sole Proprietors
• Limited Liability Companies (LLC)
• Wisconsin Corporations
• S-Corporations in Wisconsin
• Wisconsin Partnerships
• Wisconsin Trusts
• Wisconsin Estates
• Non-Profits in Wisconsin
• Other employers and business entity types in Wisconsin
Generally, if any of the following are true you still need to acquire an EIN Number:
• You need to pay business taxes.
• You have one or more employees.
• You want to open a business bank account.
• You want to start a line of business credit.
• You form an LLC, Corporation, or Partnership.
• You change from one business entity type to another such as from an Individual/Sole Proprietor to an LLC.
• You are starting a Keogh Plan, also known as a Self-Employed Pension.
• You want to bid for a federal government contract.
Apply Now Online:
Apply for EIN Number in Wisconsin >
WI EIN Number Application >
Choose Your State:
|EIN Number Application for:
- EIN for Sole Proprietor (Wisconsin)
- EIN for Partnership (Wisconsin)
- EIN for LLC (Wisconsin)
- EIN for Corporation (Wisconsin)
- EIN for S-Corporation (Wisconsin)
- EIN for Non-profit Organization (Wisconsin)
- EIN for 501(c)(3) (Wisconsin)
- EIN for Trusts (Wisconsin)
- EIN for Estate of a Deceased Individual (Wisconsin)